Friday, March 19, 2010

Awe .. Teddy Bears!

Gotta love em. Started listing my hand-carved rubber stamps on Etsy, Ebay and Artfire. All the bears I make are based off of Steiff teddies. Most measure around 4"x3".

I find when I'm carving my stamps that it's more of a meditative process. I have to focus, work slow and make precise movements. Mistakes are easy when carving stamps and you really just can't "plow" thru it. And just as easy as it is to make a mistake on a stamp, it's just as easy to slam the gouges into your hand. So I also need to be aware of where my other hand is at in relation to the tools.

I gotta admit, I'm having fun carving these little fellas..along with some other design ideas I have rumbling around in my brain. Should be interesting to see where this takes me.

No comments: